Sunday, February 26, 2012

This is a wonderful 20's/30's Supertone parlor guitar.  I bought this guitar totally on looks.  Didn't know what it sounded like and wasn't sure if I would ever know.  It was fairly unplayable when I got it.  It needed a neck reset, fret work, the top had seperated from the side on the upper bout and we replaced an unworkable floating bridge setup with a fixed bridge that really looks the part.  Now it plays great!  The work was done by my friend James Ralston.  James is an amazing player and just as amazing guitar guru.  You will hear his name mentioned in this blog a number of times as I have used his services on a number of occasions.  As I said I bought this guitar on looks.  The pictures don't do it justice.  Up close it looks like it could have rode on the back of a hobo as he jumped from train to train or was strummed around a cowboy campfire beneath a Montana night.  Oh yea, it happens to sound great as well now.  I used it in a recording project last night and couldn't believe how much it loved the microphone!!  I hope to get some sound clips up at some point because I won't do the sonic description justice.   As we all know, guitars have a tendency to come and go in our lives.  Circumstances may force a sale or we may simply fall out of love.  I don't see this little baby ever leaving my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment