Wednesday, February 29, 2012

1920's/30's Maybell style 5

Here is another spunky little Maybell.  Unlike the other two Maybells shown, this one is going to take a little work to get her into top condition.  She actually plays okay right now but is in need of a neck reset, some fret dressing and some bridge and saddle work.  When all touched up she is going to be a fine player as this model though not the prettiest person at the dance already has a loud voice and a nice balanced tone. 



Note the solid headstock on this one.  Maybell guitars were made by the Slingerland drum company from the 1920's - 1940's.  There were a large amount of models produced in that time and it never ceases to amaze me how I can still come across a model in my searches that I have never seen before.  They get big points from me for making some of the prettiest looking guitars as well as having one of the coolest sounding brand names in the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment