Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Kay Jumbo Acoustic Guitar.



This guitar is super easy on the eyes.  She takes over the photos with her 17+ inch lower bout.  I've been very lucky to come across a few guitars that are in great shape and this is one of them.  I would dare say again that you may have a hard time finding one in better cosmetic shape.  Neck is clean as can be with big frets.  The older Kays always seemed to have the best headstock appointments and this one doesn't disappoint.  Grover tuners that look to be original and work great(i have seen these kay jumbos with klusons as well so I can't be 100% sure about the originality - nevertheless they fit the bill).  Bridge has been screwed to the body which was a standard part of the Kay building process.  Thing is, I think this might have been a job done by an over eager previous owner.  The placement and screw type don't exactly fit the bill.  I'll have to check into it a little more.  I love these older Kay models.  I have a dreadnaught that I will feature later that needs a lot of love, but is worth looking at.  These Kays are built like battleships.  Great construction with big necks, and big tone.  This Jumbo is the guitarists version of onomatopoeia.  It sounds just like it looks.  Say the word "Boom" and you are getting close.  Going to give this guitar a neck reset as the angle is just a wee bit off and the heel is ever so slightly pulling up.  But that is about it.  She will be perfect when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment