Sunday, March 31, 2019

Harmony Electric Archtop - H51/Wards w8884

Here is a Harmony electric archtop.  Its body style and pickup are akin to the h51, but the headstock shape and logo indicates that it might be from the Montgomery Wards catalog and serial numbered as a w8884(w possibly indicating wards?).

This guitar is a funky old blues honker.  The neck was reset, some electronics work, and she is good to go.  The guitar was refinished long before I got it.  Though I generally run from a refinish job, excellent work was done here.  I think the guitar looks great.  Outside of the finish, the guitar is all original, including the Gibson made p13 pickup.  Apparently the p13 is a precursor to the p90.  When Gibson switched to the p90, they sold all the p13's to Harmony who used them until they ran out, then switching to Dearmond.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like the Alden dept. store logo on the headstock. I had an Alden Stratotone (sweet!), currently play an SS Stewart that I put a Kent floating pickup on sometimes - 3rd Kent pu with Harmony archtop I've had, all wonderful and different enough from the Dearmond.

    ReplyDelete